Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sewing circle: Where my stitches at?

One of my favorite things about cross stitching is the way it gives me an excuse to hang out with some friends. Having a small group you sew with regularly is a good way to stay on track with projects and can help you keep in touch with friends when life gets busy.
Last night, my friends and I had an extra special sewing circle devoted to watching True Blood. We cooked up a bunch of Southern food (much of it fried) and ignored the fact that my friend from Louisiana told us we were doing it wrong. We invited more people than we usually have at our weekly meetings, so we had a knitter and a couple of people crocheting. It was a lot of fun.
I thought I was almost finished with a truck pattern I'm making for my 2-year-old nephew, but I decided to do a cute checker pattern for a border and it is taking forever. I am already annoyed with it and I've only done one side. I'll post a picture when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment