Monday, July 5, 2010

The Deep Web

So here’s this blog I found. It’s about embroidery in general, not cross stitch specifically, but I found it really helpful and wanted to share. When I first started doing kits, they would frequently include other types of embroidery stitches, and I still use some of them in my patterns. Compared with a simple cross stitch, a French knot or stem stitch can be a headache, so the site is a good resource.

The blogger’s profile says she has a home craft business, and she uses her full name, which lends credibility to her site. She uses blogger, so this is obviously a personal blog, not a business one. She hasn’t updated in more than a year, but the information is somewhat timeless. She uses links well and presents her information clearly. Other big names in cross stitching seem to link to her.

Overall, the advice on the blog seems to be helpful and practical. She may not be an expert, and it is not a professional site, but she seems like a knowledgeable enthusiast. I think the site will be useful for those looking to incorporate other types of stitches into their designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment