Sunday, August 22, 2010

Photographing some stitches

Taking pictures at sewing circle was a new experience for me. I got less done, for one thing. I also noticed that, now that Ashley is obsessed with knitting, there is less cross stitching going on than there used to be.
But mostly it made me evaluate what is important to me about sewing circle and what I love about cross stitching.
The photos I liked showed my friends in action: smiling, talking and working. I also liked the detail shots of what we were working on. I feel like between them, those photos showed the reason we get together every week. I like looking at the way each of us has a different style. I love the beauty of the patterns. I love the way the pictures remind me of what's fun about crafts like this. They remind me of the way the thread feels as you pull it through the holes in the aida and the satisfaction I get when I complete something. All in all, they make me feel like sewing circle is time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment